~~THE WORLD TODAY IS NOT HUNGRY FOR BREAD. IT IS HUNGRY FOR LOVE.~~Mother Teresa

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Missing session 6


Oh no. I have fallen ill and was given 2 days of mc by the doctor. On one hand, I am glad that I can get a good rest from the hectic schedule, yet on the other, I worried about the things that I will miss out these 2 days.

For my CS pedegogical lessons, they are mainly notes oriented which means I should still be able to catch up by self-reading. However, for modules like QED527--ICT for meaningful learning, missing a lesson might meant missing an important tip which can spice up one's teaching career. How I wish that video recording of lecture was available, then students who cannot attend classes will still be able to grab those valuable teaching strategies taught.

Another point to add
As I was browsing for information for the e-learning activity and individual assignment, I realise that many schools in Singapore have conducted wonderful and interesting cyberwellness activities. While Cyberwellness is often the term coined in Singapore, another term commonly used is "netiquette". Regardless of the term used, I think this is an important concept which should be imparted and introduced to students as young as lower primary. Children nowadays have access to IT and cyber internet at young age and I know of a couple of cases which were involved in cyberwellness issues. The more common cases involved game and internet surfing addiction. Another common problem is disclosing personal information to strangers or making acquaintance based on superficial contact with cyber strangers. Though parents do try to alleviate the problem but the fact that most of them are working make it hard to monitor their children's networking behaviour. Hopefully all schools and teachers can play a part in educating children about cyberwellness so that they can benefit from ICT instead of becoming victims of potential threats involved.

0 comments:

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment